Saturday, December 19, 2015

Lesson 3: Christmas

I chose this week for Christmas because we had sung about Hannukah the week before.  I wrote a new song-game called "Happy Hanukkah", and we had a blast.  I'll share that soon!  This week we learned about Christmas music from Austria and the Philippines.

Silent Night Chapel in Oberndorf
Pamasko Ng Mga Bituin, Novecento


Stille Nacht - music by Franz Xaver Gruber, lyrics by Joseph Mohr
Pasko Na Naman - traditional, in Tagalog



Here is the lesson plan.
Here is the coloring page. Print one for each student (double sided).
Here are the visual aides.  If you have the capacity to project these, that would be great.  I have mine in a binder and walk around the tables giving everyone a closer look.


I also point out the geographical origins of the pieces on a large world map.  

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment